Wandering Wednesday

What ever our wandering our happiness will always be found within a narrow compass, and in the middle of the objects more immediately within our reach.

To introduce my themewriting with the days of the week I'll tell you something about the characteristic elements of the wednesday.
This is the list of elements I made:
Planet: Mercury
Nordic Mythology: Oden
Arch Angel: Raphael
Qualities: travel, agile, social, improvisation, building bridges
Color: yellow
Element: air

The planet Mercury is named after the Roman god Mercury, because of the quick turn around the sun. In that view Mercury is a traveller. Other gods to connect with this planet are: Hermes (Greek), Ogma (Celtic), Thoth (Egypt) and Oden (Nordic).
Oden is the highest god, the All-Father in the Nordic mythology, he is the wisest, he transformes himself in other creatures like human. He often takes the shape of the wanderer Vegtam/Wegtam, he is always traveling to meet new people and so gain wisdom. Wisdom is a very important thing to him, he once offered one of his eyes to Mimir's well to gain more wisdom. He wears a wide-brimmed hat that covers the place of the offered eye and a wide cloak.
I just love Nordic mythology, I can talk for hours about it. It's a mythology which had a lot of influence on North-Western Europe. And that's where I live. A couple of the days of the week are named after that. The wednesday, woensdag in Dutch sounds like Wodansdag, Wodan's day. Wodan is the German name for Odin.
The Arch Angel Raphael looks like a young man, with a yellow cloak, a wide-brimmed hat with a feather and winged sandals. He is the angel of travelling. The feathers and wings connect to the element air.
For me Oden and Raphael are the image of a traveler or wanderer, who communicates with people, by that gather wisdom and connect people with eachother.
So the Wednesday is Wandering Wednesday.

I've never travelled trough air in my life. I would like to fly, I fly in my dreams a lot. I'll try by putting the right "hat" on to make connections with people. A hat is a keyword in this case. It is just like putting yellow sunglasses on your nose. Everything will shine like the sun, let yourself be shined trough and on. Then it will be much easier to get in touch with the world around you.

Vegtam the Wanderer, found on heathengods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love silky comments on my blog.
Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment.